Alex Casey, Leonie Hayden, Michèle A’Court tackle the past month in women, with thanks to our friends at The Women’s Bookshop.
This month on On the Rag, we have a lot of making up to do after skipping out on our July episode. You haven’t missed much though, because Brian Tamaki is still screaming about abortion being premeditated murder! As if demonic pagan rituals weren’t enough, we also celebrate the mana wahine protecting Ihumātao, the positive changes being made around the sexual assault court process and laugh at the men who still think they can win a point against Serena Williams.
Head to our Facebook page for a chance to win My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite, and enjoy their bestsellers for July:
- A Teaching Life by Carol White
- Go, Went, Gone by Jenny Erpenbeck
- Stardust: We always share the same sky by Ivana Mlinac
- Big Sky by Kate Atkinson
- Happiness by Aminatta Forna
- Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi
- Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Download this episode (right click and save) or stream using the player below. You can subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast client (RSS feed). And now we’re available on Spotify!
The Spinoff Daily gets you all the days' best reading in one handy package, fresh to your inbox Monday-Friday at 5pm.