A very special episode with thanks to our friends at The Women’s Bookshop.
They said it couldn’t be done. They said we couldn’t get Clementine Ford back to do another pod. But we did, and here it is. Promoting her new book Boys Will Be Boys, Clementine spends an hour in The Spinoff studio to answer everything you’ve ever wanted to know about feminism, the patriarchy, and dealing with goblins and/or trolls.
What is toxic masculinity? How does she feel about ACT kicking up a stink over her speaking event? And what does “boys will be boys” really mean in 2018? Pour yourself a glass of strong something and get involved with the official hashtag #otrpod, or click here to like us on Facebook. And then when you’ve done all of that, check out The Women’s Bookshop top ten bestsellers for November:
1) Milkman by Anna Burns
2) Flourish: NZ Women & Their Extraordinary Gardens by Barb Rogers & Juliet Nicholas
3) The Writing Life: Twelve New Zealand Authors by Deborah Shepherd
4) Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
5) Grandzilla by Lisa Williams
6) Poukahangatus by Tayi Tibble
7) Happiness by Aminatta Forna
8) Ottolenghi Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi
9) That F Word: Growing up Feminist in Aotearoa by Lizzie Marvelly
10) Boys Will Be Boys: Power, Patriarchy and the Toxic Bonds of Mateship by Clementine Ford
Download this episode (right click and save) or stream using the player below. You can subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast client (RSS feed). And now we’re available on Spotify!
On the Rag is made possible by The Women’s Bookshop, check them out IRL at 105 Ponsonby Road or shop online right here.
Subscribe to Rec Room a weekly newsletter delivering The Spinoff’s latest videos, podcasts and other recommendations straight to your inbox.