Alex Casey, Leonie Hayden and Michèle A’Court tackle the past month in women, with thanks to our friends at The Women’s Bookshop.
Boo! We witches are back for a scary Halloween podcast, after a month where Freddy Krueger (Harvey Weinstein) showed his face in public and was courageously confronted by two women in Los Angeles. There’s also been a terrifyingly bad cartoon drawn about nasty mothers and their beloved phones, and Ernst and Young have issued a 55 page briefing for their female staff that is so shocking it could wake the dead.
There’s also the problem with Lonely lingerie, a mansplain to end all mansplains and an absurd interaction during a facial. All of that, plus the things we’ve been watching and reading this month – including Big Mouth on Netflix, Jenny Slate’s comedy special, and this phenomenal piece about beauty influencers. Make sure you head to our Facebook page for a chance to win Scented by Laurence Fearnley (and perfume!) and enjoy their bestseller list for October:
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- Year of the Monkey by Patti Smith
- The Strength of Eggshells by Kirsty Powell
- Lost in the Spanish Quarter by Heddi Goodrich
- Bruny by Heather Rose
- No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference by Greta Thunberg
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
Download this episode (right click and save) or stream using the player below. You can subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast client (RSS feed). And now we’re available on Spotify!
Subscribe to Rec Room a weekly newsletter delivering The Spinoff’s latest videos, podcasts and other recommendations straight to your inbox.