Listen to Alex Casey, Leonie Hayden and Michele A’Court tackle the past month in women, news and popular culture, with thanks to our friends at The Women’s Bookshop.
Join us as we reconvene for the monthly women’s summit known to many as On the Rag. What is a TERF and why are they back in the news again? Who the hell thinks they have the right to tell Serena Williams what she can and cannot wear? And what’s the current status of pubic hair as determined by Vogue?
Beyond that, we dive back into some gnarly beauty issues raised in our own makeup tutorial, share our favourite books and movies to put in front of your eyeballs and collate even more mic drop comebacks when casual sexism leaves you tongue-tied.
Head to our Facebook page for a chance to win Gone to Pegasus by Fiona Kidman, and enjoy The Women’s Bookshop bestsellers for August below. For even more literary goodness, snap yourself up a ticket for Ladies Litera-tea in Auckland. We might see you there!
- Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- Happiness by Aminatta Forna
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- The Diary of a Bookseller by Shaun Bythell
- A Ladder to the Sky by John Boyne
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
Download this episode (right click and save) or stream using the player below. You can subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast client (RSS feed). And now we’re available on Spotify!
On the Rag is made possible by The Women’s Bookshop, check them out IRL at 105 Ponsonby Road or shop online right here.