Because what your Friday needs is a loneliness lesson in te reo and a touch more Mark Richardson.
Tonight on The Spinoff TV, we celebrate Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori with a very special three-part lesson in expressing your loneliness. Hayden heads to Nelson to gets to the guts of the 1080 debate, The Real Pod gets their grubby fingers all over The Block NZ houses, and James Mustapic looks back at Air New Zealand’s weirdest safety videos.
Here are 10 more things that we can guarantee will happen on the show tonight:
1) “Kēkē pūhuruhuru” = Hairy armpit
2) A 1080 drop, live in the studio.
3) “Manaakitia to tuarā, Paddy Gower” = Watch your back, Paddy Gower
4) Jane Yee is back on the television!!!
5) A trip to Mike Hosking’s colonoscopy utopia.
6) Footage of Bear Grylls chasing the last moa.
7) Tēnā noho tonu atu koa = Please remain seated.
8) Ra Pomare playing Fortnite.
9) “Kua heke a Hayden Donnell ki Te Korokoro-o-Te-Parata” = Hayden Donnell went down the rabbit hole.
10) A cameo from the actual Mark Richardson.
WATCH THE DAMN SHOW: 10.45pm tonight on Three
This content, like all television coverage we do at The Spinoff, is brought to you thanks to the excellent folk at Lightbox. Do us and yourself a favour by clicking here to start a FREE 30 day trial of this truly wonderful service.