Alex Casey, Leonie Hayden, Michèle A’Court tackle the past month in women, with thanks to our friends at The Women’s Bookshop.
Mother Earth? What about Father Earth?! In cool news, the world is on fire and some men aren’t using reusable bags because they think it makes them look less masculine. There’s also the scarily familiar story JJ Feeney taxi assault case, a bold step forward in abortion reform and Marco Pierre White deciding that women don’t belong in the kitchen at all because they are too emotional.
Plus, our recommended books and movies of the month including Glow, Late Night and Booksmart. Get into it!
Head to our Facebook page for a chance to win My First Words in Māori by Stacey Daniels and enjoy their bestsellers for August:
1) Wild Honey: Reading New Zealand Women’s Poetry by Paula Green
2) The Track by Paula Green
3) The Bomb by Sacha Cotter & Josh Morgan
4) Lost & Wanted by Nell Freudenberger
5) Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
6) Go Went Gone by Jenny Erpenbeck
7) Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
8) Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
9) Circe by Madeline Miller
10) Big Sky by Kate Atkinson
Download this episode (right click and save) or stream using the player below. You can subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast client (RSS feed). And now we’re available on Spotify!