Josh Davis brought a bit of 2016 to 16th century England through creating a slew of hilarious memes from BBC drama Wolf Hall.
Wolf Hall is a BBC drama documenting the power dynamics of the court of Henry VIII. Unfortunately, while the 16th century had many things – the Church, fancy clothes etc – memes were not yet popular. We decided to fix that tragic historical accident by commissioning real life millennial Josh Davis to watch the brooding, brilliant show and create a series of Vines.
1) When a lunatic hops into ur mentions and u calmly block him without a second thought
2) When the dj has the club lit with a Big Sean medley but you’re better than that
3) When you’re walking down Queen St with your squad & you accidentally make eye contact w the people handing out bibles
4) When your boss hits you with some unconventional wisdom
5) When you’ve been trying to get better at leaving conversations but u still have a lot of room for improvement
6) When your Xbox gets the red circle of doom and u lose ur cool and somehow it starts working again
7) When your uncle uses his go-to gag for the 20th Christmas in a row
8) When you ask a girl to honestly tell u why she isn’t interested in u and u immediately regret it
9) When you tweet about one of ur crushes main interests but she doesn’t fav it
10) When u try to summon the requisite enthusiasm to act supportive of your friend’s latest creative endeavour
You’ve seen the 2015 take on Wolf Hall, now throw yourself into 1515 by clicking below to watch this excellent historical drama on Lightbox
This content, like everything we do at The Spinoff, is brought you thanks to the truly wonderful people at Lightbox. Do us and yourself a favour by clicking here to start a FREE 30 day trial of this amazing service.
Subscribe to The Bulletin to get all the day’s key news stories in five minutes – delivered every weekday at 7.30am.