A rare and exciting opportunity to work at this wonderful website.
The Spinoff is seeking a social media manager to run social for our plucky media startup. It’s a full-time role working within The Spinoff team to assist in planning, buying, monitoring and reporting of social activity for The Spinoff, and will involve work for both The Spinoff itself and our custom clients.
Tone is critical – the successful applicant for this sweet job will need to maintain our slightly nasal and very specific voice across multiple platforms. They will work collaboratively with staff writers and editors to reach our audience with precision and energy.
While there is strategic support from our social advisors at MBM, the role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency and confidence, and the applicant should have a clear vision for what The Spinoff’s social activity should look like now and into the future.
We want someone who can help inform our presentation in a way which is both consistent with our social presence to date, and helps drive our evolution as a brand and a business.
The Spinoff has averaged 340,000 unique users a month between March and May, up from 110,000 in the Oct-Dec quarter. You will be key to growing that number even further, while also capturing and articulating the power and value of our social reach for clients.
The role will require:
– Building a strategic plan for The Spinoff’s social activity across all relevant social platforms
– Providing any assistance required by senior staff across a variety of social and digital activity.
– Curating and scheduling content on your social pages while also practising community management (answering questions, responding to comments etc).
– Checking contracts to ensure they are consistent with the approved plan.
– Monitoring supplier invoices to ensure consistent billing for clients.
– Familiarity with relevant self service social systems (e.g. Facebook Power Editor and Business Manager), Twitter and Instagram.
– Monitoring campaign performance during campaigns and optimising where required, and collating proof of live campaigns in format for both clients and internal teams.
– Implementing social content amplification
– Creating campaign and KPI performance reports (both interim and final) to be presented internally and to sponsors/advertisers
– Identifying insights from results to inform future campaigns.
– Attending client meetings as required.
– Various administrative and office management tasks as requested.
If you’re interested in applying please email a one page CV with ‘social’ in the subject line to our account manager Ashleigh Bogle: email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 22 June.
Note: The Spinoff has an aggressive growth agenda, and will be recruiting again soon. Anyone outside of the social media field who would like us to hold a CV on file for future roles across The Spinoff or The Spinoff Custom should feel free to send those through to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘future roles’ in the subject line, along with a brief description of the kind of work you’re interested in pursuing.
Subscribe to Rec Room a weekly newsletter delivering The Spinoff’s latest videos, podcasts and other recommendations straight to your inbox.