It’s Friday, February 24 and welcome to The Spinoff’s live updates. I’m Stewart Sowman-Lund. Today: the prime minister visits cyclone-hit Northland, rain slows the recovery on the East Coast, and Lorde helps out with Antarctic research.
Get in touch with me on email@example.com
- Prime minister Chris Hipkins is heading to Northland today to assess the damage following Cyclone Gabrielle.
- Meanwhile, on the East Coast, the recovery pushes on despite more rain. The Esk Valley has been ordered to re-evacuate.
- Lorde has donated $120,000 to fund a climate change research scholarship in Antarctica.
- The government’s announced more Russian sanctions to mark one year from start of Ukraine war.
- Yes, Harry Styles will have to do the Census.