The Spinoff collects various kinds of information (both personal and non-personal) via our digital platforms (website and apps).
Personal information is collected by The Spinoff about individuals or entities and may be used to identify or contact that person or entity. This information includes name, email address, phone number and mailing address.
How we collect personal information
The Spinoff will only collect personal information if it is provided directly to us when an individual or entity communicates with the Spinoff. This could include emailing the Spinoff directly, or by signing up for a newsletter or participating in a survey.
We use personal information we collect in the following ways:
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as a newsletter
- To respond to queries and to resolve complaints
- To assist in the administration of the organisation (for example, by recruiting staff)
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
Storing and disclosing personal information
Personal information about subscribers to e-newsletters is stored securely by MailChimp.com.
We also collect non-personal information through our website and app. This is data about the device you are using to access our products and services. This information includes:
- IP addresses and domain names
- Location data
- Operating system and browser information
- Search engine details (how a user arrived at the website)
- The date, time and length of visit
- URLs of the pages visited on the website, including the user ‘pathway’ from one page to the next.
The Spinoff uses this non-personal information to:
- Analyse the performance of our site and apps in order to provide better services
- Carry out marketing analysis and to sell sponsorships on our sites
- Report on the performance of our products and services