It’s Tuesday, October 3 and welcome along to The Spinoff’s election live updates. We’re now just 11 days out from polling day. I’m Stewart Sowman-Lund.
Get in touch with me on email@example.com
Learn more about the political parties and what they stand for at Policy.nz
- The Press debate scheduled for tonight has been canned after Chris Hipkins tested positive for Covid-19 and Christopher Luxon couldn’t find time to reschedule.
- Despite the road bump, Hipkins says he’s still feeling campaign momentum with 11 days until the election.
- On The Spinoff: Reports of physical and verbal threats against those running for office could lead to fewer opportunities for the public to interact directly with MPs, as I wrote today. Plus: How to accept loss (political edition) and the ‘two-horse race’ for deep red Dunedin.
- In The Bulletin: Violence and intimidation on the campaign trail.
- Today: Labour’s Carmel Sepuloni and National’s Christopher Luxon are both campaigning in Christchurch.
Support our election coverage
The Spinoff’s coverage of the 2023 election is powered by the generous support of our members. If you value what we do and believe in the importance of independent and freely accessible journalism – tautoko mai, donate today.