It’s Tuesday, September 26 and welcome back to The Spinoff’s election live updates. I’m Stewart Sowman-Lund, on deck from Palmerston North, with support from our news team around the country.
Get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the political parties and where they stand at Policy.nz
- The latest Newshub poll showed Winston Peters would be required to prop up a National-Act government, with Labour and the Greens trailing.
- Chris Hipkins says he’s “doing fine” despite the poll result and labelled the NZ First leader a “force for chaos”.
- John Key floats Winston Peters as speaker of the house.
- On The Spinoff: What would the different parties’ policies mean for disabled people? Plus: The political heft of Te Tai Tokerau.
- In The Bulletin: Juxtaposition aplenty as candidates front for young voters’ debate.
- Coming up today: Both Chris Hipkins and Christopher Luxon are in Auckland as they prepare for the next leaders’ debate on Tuesday night.
Support our election coverage
The Spinoff’s coverage of the 2023 election is powered by the generous support of our members. If you value what we do and believe in the importance of independent and freely accessible journalism – tautoko mai, donate today.