Welcome along to The Spinoff’s election live updates for Thursday, September 21. I’m Stewart Sowman-Lund.
Get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our political parties and what they stand for at Policy.nz
- Christopher Luxon is still refusing to say whether he’d be comfortable working with NZ First.
- The National Party leader is making cheese rolls in Southland (no, really), while Act will re-release its alternative budget this afternoon. The full day’s itinerary for our political leaders can be found here.
- Also today: New GDP figures are due out and Newshub’s Powerbrokers debate will air live at 7.30pm.
- On The Spinoff: Duncan Greive asks whether a National-Act government would be worse for the country’s media. Plus: The climate change and environment policies in two minutes and how to vote based on your zodiac sign.
- In The Bulletin: When is a recession not a recession at all?
Support our election coverage
The Spinoff’s coverage of the 2023 election is powered by the generous support of our members. If you value what we do and believe in the importance of independent and freely accessible journalism – tautoko mai, donate today.