Want to work for The Spinoff? We’re looking for someone to fill an exciting new role based in our Auckland office.
We’re looking for a video and podcast content manager: an experienced writer or sub-editor with a strong understanding of social media to manage our video and podcast content across various channels. This is a full-time position with a fixed term four-month contract attached, working from our Auckland office, reporting to our head of video and podcast manager. There is potential for this to become a permanent role.
- Digital media experience.
- Passion for video and podcast content.
- Delivers clean, ready-to-publish copy.
- Keen sense of what makes a post pop: headlines, images, social sells, and SEO optimisation.
- Strong attention to detail – whether sub-editing caption files or checking the technical quality of a podcast.
- Knowledge of WordPress, YouTube Studio, Facebook Creator Studio.
- Ability to generate and interpret audience insights, as well as an understanding of best practice around paid activity.
- Preferable but not mandatory: knowledge of Adobe suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign) and Logic Pro.
- Producing ready-to-publish written pieces to wrap around our video/podcast content.
- Sub-editing caption files for video content.
- Conducting technical quality checks of video and podcast content prior to posting.
- Uploading video and podcast content to channels, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Acast.
- Managing video and podcast sections of The Spinoff, ensuring all posts are presenting correctly on the site.
- Managing and moderating The Spinoff Youtube channel.
- Managing and moderating The Spinoff and video/podcast specific Instagram.
- Writing a podcast/video newsletter.
- Generating audience insight reports.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, CV and links of any relevant work to email@example.com with subject heading: video and podcast content manager. Please note this role is based in our office in Morningside, Auckland.
Applications close Friday July 17.